Community Council Structure
A Community Council will be appointed by Jehoshua House for each County served, with a mission to administer the Jehoshua House Ministry within that County.
Community Councils are not governing boards, and have no authority other than to provide local administration for the ministry in accordance with the policies, procedures, and programs of Jehoshua House, LLC.
Please Scroll Down to
View All of the Positions
Interest in Starting a Council?
Please fill out our contact form below.
Community Council Positions:
- Chairman – Oversees Council activities; calls and conducts meetings; assures Council compliance with all Jehoshua House policies, procedures and programs; reports to Jehoshua House, LLC; and cultivates relationships with local churches, businesses, government, and citizens.
- Institutional Liaison – coordinates all Council communications and Jehoshua House programs with local justice officials (Courts, Sheriff, Police Departments, Jail, Community Corrections, and Juvenile Center); assures that volunteers obtain and maintain clearance to serve; and coordinates logistics for Jehoshua House programs.
- Secretary/Administration Coordinator – records minutes of all meetings; maintains permanent record of all minutes; communicates minutes to Jehoshua House, LLC; maintains roster of all Community Volunteers; maintains all records necessary to maintain compliance with the requirements of local justice officials; and assists Chairman in all administrative obligations of the Council.
- Outreach/ Fund raising/ Sponsorship Coordinator – develops a subcommittee to recruit volunteers, raise funds, and develop local ministry sponsorships; conducts community outreach activities to promote the ministry and increase public awareness; and arranges for speaking engagements for Jehoshua House representatives.
- Financial Secretary – maintains accurate financial records of all financial activities of the Council; maintains a database of financial donors; and provides accurate financial reports to Jehoshua House Officers (President and Treasurer).
- Treasurer – maintains custody of all monetary assets that are in possession of the Council; reconciles all monetary assets collected or distributed on behalf of Jehoshua House; and submits accurate reports to Jehoshua House Officers (President and Treasurer).
- Mentoring Coordinator – develops a subcommittee to recruit, train, and develop prayer and share groups for men and women throughout the county, and within Community Corrections; recruits, trains and coordinates volunteers who desire to mentor DOC offenders in preparation for re-entry; and liaisons with Re-entry coordinators to facilitate reintegration.
- Visitation Coordinator – develops a subcommittee to recruit, train and develop Christian Visitors for inmates who wish to have Christian fellowship; coordinates with Mentoring and Re-entry Coordinators.
- Agape Coordinator – develops a subcommittee to help fulfill special needs requests of inmates while incarcerated, and in preparation for release (e.g., clothing, housing, transportation, and shepherding the released inmate into an outside Alpha Course, Church, and Prayer and Share Groups).
- Re-entry Coordinator (Housing) – develops a subcommittee to help inmates secure appropriate housing upon release.
- Re-entry Coordinator (Jobs) – develops a subcommittee to help inmates secure a job upon release.
- Re-entry Coordinator (Programs) – develops a subcommittee to help inmates identify programs that will meet their needs upon release.